FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jul 1, 2010

Cubby Holes

For years I displayed my curios in an old wooden Coca Cola crate that I stained and then mounted to a wall. Each cubby hole displayed trinkets and treasures until one day the "Coca Cola" logo no longer suited me.  I sold the crate at a garage sale.

I visited Cheryl at Inside the Bubble today.  Cheryl is an old school chum who has found a niche in mixed media art.  As I observed her whimsically filled Cubby Organizer from Pottery Barn, I recognized that my own passion for cubby holes was very much alive. 

Pottery Barn has 2 different versions: distressed mahogany and weathered white.  Each cubby is numbered from 1 to 25, so this organizer can easily be used as an advent calendar or simply changed out for each season.




Okay, so it's a little early for Christmas but at least you can see the possibilities.  And, do check out Cheryl's take on the Cubby Organizer by clicking HERE.

Cubby Illustration by Kevin Cornell

6 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Hi Karen June,
I too LOVE cubbies and have one now filled with Wade Whimsies. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! ...and the Christmas cubby is my favorite!


~Jean

Joyce said...

I used to have a miniature one way back in the day...I LOOOOVE this Christmas one. Very cute!!

Teena in Toronto said...

Way to be organized!

Happy blogoversary!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, KJ! those are so cute!! I love the idea of an advent calendar...hmmm....!
Smiles, Karen

Manuela@TPOH said...

Those are cute! I like how they keep everything from looking too messy!

Manuela

Cheryl said...

Hi Karen. Thanks for the love...... I do hope that you will be able to get a cubby cabinet...I'm LOVING mine! Happy blogiversary! I'm not a creative writer...I will leave it to you talented writers! Can't wait to read the Haiku's! Have a great 4th

Cheryl