FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jul 29, 2010

Lavender Fields Forever and a Monthly Tea Swap

 
Lavender Fields in Apt, France

LAVENDER FIELDS FOREVER

I was introduced to the above website through a tweet.  I have never ventured far from American borders.  I have only been to Tijuana and Juarez, unless Hawaii counts as another country.  So, until I step foot in any faraway land, virtual travel will have to suffice.

I have one lavender bush planted in my front flower bed.  Our soil is composed of so much clay that I didn't think the plant was going to make it.  But, alas it overcame and has been extremely happy.

MONTHLY TEA SWAP

Joyce at The Secret Gardener gave me a heads up on a Monthly Tea Swap.  KimberlyShawStore.com is hosting a perpetual tea swap that entails sending out 6 tea bags a month to a recipient that you are matched up with for a 2-month duration.  If you choose to continue, you will receive a new partner every 2 months with the monthly groupings coinciding with holidays.  It sounds like a wonderful way to meet people who are passionate about tea!

3 comments:

Renna said...

Karen, hi! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. :-) You have a lovely site here, and the lavender picture makes me want to dive right into it.

I would love to grow lavender, but I've always heard it needs an arid climate and sandy soil, neither of which I possess. I noticed this morning when I pulled a t-shirt out of my dresser that it had a musty smell, and thought how neat it would be to have my own lavender that I could use for making sachets. Congrats on getting yours to grow!

Teena in Toronto said...

I adore lavender!!

kimberly shaw said...

Thanks for the mention about my new Tea Swap and for joining. 24 ladies sign up, all of them delightful and charming. I'm enjoying your blog.