FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jul 15, 2010

Winner!


Today, I am pleased to announce the winner of the "SUMMER HAIKU-KU CONTEST" as well as feature the entries!  There is wonderful imagery and each haiku took me by the hand.  I love it!

My panel selected the winner based on images, the feelings it evoked, and how closely it stuck to traditional format.  Modern Haiku removes most of the structure and it is widely accepted.  I prefer the old style because of its challenge to crayon within the lines — you should see my coloring books!


THE WINNER IS:

Chubby cousins play
sunburned shoulders, noses too
Icees save the day!

---------------------------------------------------

Remember a friend
it is sweetness to the soul
and joy to the heart


---------------------------------------------------

Life smiles so sweetly
sitting in the summer sun
lazy cat stretches


---------------------------------------------------

The rain continues
cold, gray, wet, dreary, somber
why do I live here?


---------------------------------------------------

Colors are bright
light up the summer sky
happy is the heart


---------------------------------------------------

Blogland is such fun
meeting new friends who love life
sharing ideas


---------------------------------------------------

Sun is shining
down on the flowers
birds are happy


4 comments:

Kris7 said...

What a lovely blog you have, twitter-buddy!

I'll be spending time here, that's for sure!!

Kris7
Happy Home Companion

Blissitydoodah said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
I have something to blog about at long last :) Ha!

sister sheri said...

This was a lot of fun!

NeereAnDear said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER!!!

I agree her words bring such wonderful summer memories to mind..

There are many wonderful poems here...

I too enjoyed myself

HUGS
JO