FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jul 21, 2010

World's Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake


Even as a Pampered Chef Consultant, I don't like too much heat in my summer kitchen.  "Minimal" is my motto!  This chocolate cake recipe has become viral on the Internet and I can see why.  Instant gratification takes on new dimensions with this quick and easy chocolate fix!

I'm not sure where this recipe originated since it can be found everywhere.  I found this photo at Chocolate Zoom in a post done by Rachel V. Olivier.

Ingredients:

1 Coffee Mug (microwave safe)
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
 

Directions: 

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little. Tip out onto a plate if desired. (This can serve 2 if you want to share!)

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

NOTE: My microwave is 1100 watts, so I cook this cake for only 2 minutes.  Anything longer than that makes the cake a little dry.

2 comments:

Blissitydoodah said...

I did make this after getting it in an email once. BUT Pioneer Woman's chocolate sheet cake is what put my pounds on :)
Yesterday I had something for the first time...and it was so incredibly yummy I can't believe it...a yellow box cake with sweetened warm milk poured over. An elderly lady served me that and it was heavenly!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That name is just perfect for the recipe! I'm dangerously close to having cake for breakfast.