FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Sep 23, 2010

Autumn and A Winner!


Ellen Barbara Segner - Illustrator
Well Known for Little Miss Sunbeam and Dick and Jane Readers

Doesn't this illustration set the course for Fall? Ellen Barbara Segner not only had a corner on the "sweet and wholesome" market, but I learned that she, like many other painters of her era, also painted provocative pinup girls.  Frankly, I'll stick with her more innocent works. 

I'm excited because today I got to select the winner of my "It's Almost Autumn Tea Giveaway!" {I used Random Generator.}

And, the winner is . . . Sandi at the WhistleStop Cafe! Sandi wrote: "Tea is my afternoon soother ~ A Friday favorite for sure!" Well, Sandi, you will soon have a new, seasonal tea to soothe you!

If you don't know what Fannie Flagg, The Irondale Cafe, and green fried tomatoes have in common, then Sandi is the perfect person to fill you in.  She and her family once owned and operated a wonderful slice of Americana before purveying "Down Home and Delicious" WhistleStop products. Click HERE to read the history and HERE to visit her blog.

Visit the WhistleStop Shop

2 comments:

Susy said...

I read Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flag last year - it was absolutely delightful. Looking forward to a cup of tea with you soon. Blessings.

Joyce said...

Congrats from Ms. Sandi!!