FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Sep 19, 2010

Spiritual Sundays: A Future and a Hope

Check out "Spiritual Sunday's" for more posts.

In Heaven's eyes, our setback is already God's comeback! Allow me to share an event that God is masterfully turning around for good!

I have taught voice and drama for over 14 years. In early August, my employer informed me that she was not renewing my contract with the studio. She explained that it was her problem, not mine; and that I had done nothing wrong.

I recognized her struggles but I was stunned by this conclusion. While co-workers were able to support and encourage my contributions, my boss could offer very little that was positive.

Most of the staff was on vacation, so leaving in August meant that I would not be able to say proper good-byes. My boss had already found my replacement, and my music room was being emptied and turned into a storage closet.

POOF!

I was hurt and grieving. This venue was also a ministry that I had painstakingly poured my heart into.  And, our finances were already stressed. This didn't help.

It had only been a month since my husband and I had switched churches. Our new place of worship was closer to home, but the move had nothing to do with practical reasons. We just had an unsurpassable peace to make the change.

Accepting my new reality, all I wanted to do was mount my horse and ride off into the sunset. This would be ideal except for the fact that my boss attends our new church — and has been there for years.  Was sharing the same church an accident?

I am learning not to ask God "why" questions. It suggests that I am a victim of circumstances. Instead, I choose to partner with Him by asking, "What are you doing? What do you want me to know? How should I respond?" These questions establish a more radical atmosphere for moving forward.

It was clear that God had ordered my steps and not because He was displeased with me. I kept hearing Jeremiah 29:11 in my spirit: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." I was sensing that God was so jealous for my future that He had purchased an insurance policy. He was not going to permit anything to interfere with my success and that included an injustice.

Yes, He had called me to look this challenge in the face — literally — and choose to love . . . and forgive . . . and pray.

9 comments:

Auntie Bliss said...

Nice attitude KJ and one we discussed this a.m. in our lesson...starting w/Job asking the whys...with God saying to just trust Him. Then ending with us not seeing the big picture or knowing the end of the story. And then Romans 8:28...all things do~you know :) for those who
do...you know... :)
I'll be praying for that new door God is opening for you, His obedient child.

Auntie Bliss said...

Which reminds me...of the time I was being treated badly at a job (I was a leasing agent at an apt. complex) and
I kind of got hired by American Airlines and ended up paying rent to these girls in my new uniform LOL...it heaped coals on them for sure. Oh they were jealous! God is sooo good.

Whidbey Woman said...

We never know why things happen the way they do. Sometimes, we understand later... other times, we never know. But we need to keep trusting God and believing in His promises. Thanks for the great post this Spiritual Sunday!

Cassiopeia said...

Sounds a little like the breakup "it's not you, its me", but the end result is the same. It's over, and it's a shock, and you don't really know why. I'm with Widbey Woman - you may never know why. I'm glad that you're grieving this loss but still holding on to God's coattails at the same time, trusting Him to work it all out.

Kudos to you!

I pray that God gives you the information you need to know what to do next.

sarah said...

He won't let you down...His ways and thoughts are higher than ours..and sometimes I think...why are you doing this to me...and then it works out beyond what I even imagined. Stay strong ok.

Cassiopeia said...

I'd also like to thank you for introducing me to the music of Stacey Kent. What a beautiful voice! I'm headed to itunes to download her music now.

But before I go I'd like to thank you for your CARPE DIEM quote. I hope you don't mind, but I'm adding that to my blog too. Boy do I need that reminder!

sister sheri said...

I just read this verse today... "My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." 1 Corinthians 4:4

It was a story of a similar situation to yours... and the guy finally realized that the question wasn't "What did I do wrong?" but "Am I doing the right thing-- am I in the right place?"

Praying for peace as you continue to worship the Lord.

Susy said...

These circumstances have been hard on you on so many levels, but you've endeavored to keep your heart right from the very beginning in all of it ~ and that's huge in God's eyes. He's moving you forward KJ.

"Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land.". Ps. 38:34

Love, hugs and blessings.

Charlotte said...

You have a great attitude. It's amazing how things work out for our good when it is so hard to see how it could. I've found that in my life though it has always been that way. And I've been around for a few years. LOL
Blessings as you wait to see what God has planned for you,
Charlotte