FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Nov 16, 2010

Interim


If turkeys drive around in a corny roadster, do they say "Cobble-Cobble?" Okay, at least this vintage Thanksgiving greeting is clever.

The word "interim" describes my life at the moment...

1. an intervening time; interval; meantime: in the interim.
2. a temporary or provisional arrangement; stopgap; makeshift.

Since January 2010, my husband experienced pay cuts and I lost a job of 12 years; we changed churches and faced new parenting challenges. We are living with friends while we find a less expensive place to live. We moved our belongings into 3 storage units one week ago. I have a PO-Box and enough storage keys to be dangerous. We have a brief window to find another place.

Coming into Fall, I was looking forward to 2 events that I have participated in before: one for almost a decade. Both have been cancelled.

Change. Sometimes it feels so surreal that I keep expecting to hear, "We now return control of your television set to you..." And yet I know God is up to something.

The irony is, in the midst of all this transition, I hit one of my first milestones in the Pampered Chef! I have been a consultant for almost a year and a half. Many of our challenges have cost me time and money and yet, in the midst of the storm, I scored a huge victory!

What's even more bizarre is that a friend who moved out of state has made an offer to us that keeps rising to the forefront of our decision making. It would involve a huge step of faith and would shift me away from all I have known in this life. Hmm...

5 comments:

Auntie Bliss said...

A "season" I think you are describing...short term I hope. Congrats on your Pampered Chef success!
I was praying for you at 3:00 a.m.
Here is a gift for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caTclKNXnw

Susy said...

In the midst of it all she manages to pull off a post! You're amazing KJ. I had a dream the other night I want to share with you ~ will send you an email. You're always on my heart. xo

Debra from Bungalow said...

KJ,
So sorry to hear of all your trials. I will be remembering you in my prayers.

Also, congrats on your papmered chef success!
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "they are good."

Kat said...

Love your attitude sweet friend!

I learned through my breast cancer that no matter what we need to cling to God. He is always always always there with us.

Hugs,
Kat

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

My friend I am and will continue to pray for you and your Family.....hugs....m....