FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Dec 10, 2010

600th Post!


Yesterday, I celebrated my 26th wedding anniversary and this post is officially my 600th! Alert the media! Wake up that bell ringer in the bell tower! These are things to celebrate!

As I continue to embellish my blog, I find much appeal in the above photo. I love the mixture of gifts combined with rosemary and blooming bulbs. What a pleasant way to embrace the season!

Before our move to Idaho became a reality, I was planning on making up this simple truffle recipe. I thought I would share it with you. Enjoy!

EASY TRUFFLES
Gooseberry Patch Christmas 2010

These sweets freeze well.
  • 6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 c. butterscotch chips
  • 1 1-oz. pkg. vanilla wafers, finely crushed
  • 3/4 c. powdered sugar
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 2 t. orange zest, grated
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • powdered sugar
In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave chips together on medium power (50%) until chips soften, stirring frequently until smooth.  Stir in wafer crumbs, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sour cream, orange zest and salt. Shape mixture into one-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator or freezer. Makes about 5 dozen.

SCROLL DOWN 2 POSTS TO READ ABOUT MY MOVE
FROM CALIFORNIA TO IDAHO!

7 comments:

Susy said...

Congratulations on your anniversary AND your 600th post. Whew! That's a lot of blogging. May there be many more. And much love and blessings to you and Barry and family as you enter into Year No. 27 full of hope and promise. xo

Auntie Bliss said...

That photo above drew me right in!
I think...you should make the dadgum truffles and send us all a box LOL!

Happiest of Anniversaries to you too! Excitement is building for the move I can tell :)

tea time and roses said...

Hello Karen,

Wow so much to congratulate!:o) Happy Anniversary to you and your dear husband on twenty six beautiful years!

Your 600th post, wow that is a biggie! How wonderful!! Also a big congratulations on your move, and can tell you are certainly excited.:o) So happy for you dear Karen.

Continue to enjoy the most beautiful time of year.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Olive Cooper said...

Yayness on both counts!

sister sheri said...

Congrats!

Renna said...

Happy anniversary, both wedding and blog! You're five years ahead of my husband and I. We celebrated our 21st Dec. 2nd. Seems like only yesterday. ;-)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What a beautiful arrangement!!! really puts you in the Holiday mood. Congraulations on the blog post, the Anniversary and the excitment of moving!! have a great week my friend...m..