FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jan 1, 2011

Hosts of the Highways?

As I'm preparing to drive from Southern California to Idaho, I found some interesting advice from the ad campaigns of the 1950's.


According to the above illustration, Coca Cola is the "Host of the Highways." I'm not likely to stumble across a red cooler, unless I traverse through a city that time forgot. Then again, not even road fatigue could make me miss a dispenser that big!


Then there's the clean-cut, kindly advice of the American truck driver, advising me to "make a frequent 'Coffee-Stop!'" Now, coffee is more my style, but I have never known caffeine to keep me awake. Sipping a hot beverage, however, has been known to do the trick!

Photos courtesy of of Christian Mendone - Flickr.com

2 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

Hi Karen, I do love coffee but not on long trips. Bee safe on your journey.

Mary said...

Wishing you and your family all the best for the journey, the new home, and the New Year. Many changes for you dear, but I know you will be fine, your strength and fortitude will get you through these coming weeks.

Blessings and good luck, Mary