FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Jul 30, 2011

Memo to Mosquitos


  MEMO TO MOSQUITOS  

Listen up mosquitos! I declare WAR!
Your assaults leave me itching, scratching, and sore!

Regardless of mission, whether hungry or bored;
I refuse to be your adored smorgasbord.

You dine without invite with little decline!
And tip me with welts needing calamine.

Be advised. Be aware. Remember this day!
I'm closing down your all-day buffet!

Say good-bye to this flesh for which you are smitten
For "Vengeance is mine," says the Bitten!

— Karen June Miller, July 2011


  NOTE: Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!  
  Just one post down or click HERE.  

4 comments:

Susy said...

Great little diddy KJ. And love your ever-changing header. How do you do that? xo

Carol said...

We have not had any mosquitos this summer. The extreme heat we've been having has made them disappear! Loved your poem!

Smiles,
Carol

Renna said...

What a poet you are, Karen. Love it! ;-)

I normally can't walk out my door in the evenings of summertime without being eaten alive. It just dawned on me as I read your poem, that, though I do get bitten now and then, our misquito population seems way down this year. I'm attributing it to the fact that it's too hot, even for misquitoes. Between our drought here in Texas, and daily high temps of well above 100 (forecast is for 109 today), it's too hot for man or beast, or misquito!

Anonymous said...

oh those little buggies bothering you. GET your body to Wal-Mart and to the sporting goods dept. there they sella bracelet that will protect you!