FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Sep 23, 2011

Happy Fall Y'All!


AT THE DOOR

At the door, we gladly greet
The Autumnal Equinox;
Not to say that Summer heat
Will surrender as Fall knocks.

—Karen June Miller

Many of you will relate to this poem as I heard that Arizona is in the triple digits today! Albeit, Fall has officially arrived. Here in Idaho City, leaves are beginning to litter the ground and mornings are chilly.


I spotted the above photo in Vegetarian Times and immediately began to fire up the oven for roasting. A friend gave me some butternut squash that was grown in the garden of one of her Nampa neighbors. I sliced it into half moons, and tossed it with olive oil and Jamaican Jerk Rub (Pampered Chef). This became the main and only dish for a meatless meal.

NOTE: The "pumpkin pie" image is free wallpaper that I found while sorting through autumnal images. Use it for your own Fall fun!

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Happy Fall to you...Karen!
Your first in Idaho....I'll bet it will be absolutely gorgeous.