FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES

Sep 18, 2011

A Retreat With a View


Our Women's Retreat was last weekend in Garden Valley, Idaho. I forgot my Nikon camera, so my iPhone preserved the moment.


We were surrounded by mountain ridges, a river, a small manmade lake, and gorgeous valley terrain.


This was the view between the lodge and the river. The only thing that would have made things prettier is a bluer sky, which was compromised by an ongoing fire further up the mountain.


I took these 2 shots (above and below) before our Sunday morning session. I love the reflection of foliage on this little lake. It somewhat nudged me to be reflective as well.



3 comments:

Becky K. said...

That looks simply delightful!

Susy said...

Hey KJ. Just finished reading several of your blogs. You have such a wonderful way with words...I just know there's a place for you in the literary world somewhere. I intend to resume blogging, and actually have a couple almost ready. Not nearly so creative as yours though. Sounds like the fam is settling well into life in Idaho; except that part about not being "home" for the grandbaby's debut ): love you my friend.

Auntie Bliss said...

Looks like a peaceful retreat!!!So pretty! Did you have fun? Learn a lot?