FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jul 16, 2012

Estival


"I thank God for this most amazing day,
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees,
and for the blue dream of sky
and for everything which is natural,
which is infinite, which is yes."
—E. E. Cummings

One of my favorite adjectives for summer is estival. It means "belonging to or appearing in summer." I can do without mosquitos and extreme heat, but those things aside, estival is a festival!

Periodicals inspire us with outdoor entertaining, mindless meals, dripping slices of watermelon, lobster boils, languid lounging on porches, touring, travels, and treasures. And though there is more inspiration than we can possibly manage, our activities will always filter through fresh ideas.

I have been sipping Arnold Palmers through a metal straw and listening to the audio version of My Name is Mary Sutter for Book Club tonight. I work at the Museum today, so finishing the book will be an undertaking. Although I cannot play the audio while guests are present, the story takes place in the 1860's, just as our gold rush was gaining momentum. So apropos.

HAVE A GRAND AND GLORIOUS DAY!

1 comment:

Susy said...

Love your new header ~ you could be a professional header creator. I'm going to check my blog template and see if it allows for a header. I'll get back to you (:

p.s. Happy Summer xo