FAITH-FILLED LIVING | SWEET TREASURES | SIMPLE PLEASURES
{ Click the Blog Banner to return to the Main Page }

Jan 12, 2013

Musings


ICICLES

The beautiful icicles pictured in my New Year's Eve-Eve post met the fate of a 12-year old boy's inner Ninja. I was doing dishes and Brock appeared suddenly at the kitchen window, flashing his fiercest face, and clutching an icicle like a translucent knife. He had demolished the entire row of icicles! At least I have a photo.

MISSING IN ACTION

I praised the virtues of butter and my French butter dish in Butter Bliss. Shortly after that, the butter dish was mysteriously missing. Historically, this is not a good sign. It usually means that someone broke something and prefers not to be around when I find out. Sure enough, dear hubby dropped it and knew that I had just blogged about it. Thankfully, I have been conditioned to query first before tearing the house apart. And the link to my new butter dish is in that post.

SPRING FEVER?

I have been organizing with unbridled ardor. I am finally transferring my collection of 500 CD's to my computer! I have already imported 2000 songs and my progress is spurring me to tackle other projects!  "Oh, why should I have spring fever; When it isn't even spring?" [Rodgers and Hammerstein's State Fair.]

UP ON THE ROOFTOP

I am by no means a veteran of the mountaintop, but does one ever get used to the thundering, home-rattling displacement of ice and snow slipping off of metal roofs? I'm just sayin'...

Tootles,

No comments: